On 26th April 2017 (Wednesday ) , we received a special request from lecturers of IPG Sultan Abdul Halim for organizing the training of “Information Literacy Skills (Advanced)“. About 19 lecturers were participated in this training.
This successful training had been held at Computer Lab, Perpustakaan Hamzah Sendut.
Thank you very much to all participants for making the training a success!!
Every student always asking about why citing is important? When the student meets his/her supervisor, they always said that citation is very important and please get a good citation and reference for your thesis.
It’s very important to cite any source you took in your research for several reasons. I will share why citing is important to your attention.
- When you cite any idea or information from other sources, you are responsible to give credit or acknowledgement to other researchers as known as owners of that source.
- To avoid the plagiarism. Please do not “steal” the other ideas those owned by someone else. Please respect them.
- To show everybody that you have done a good research by listing all sources and references.
- To help your supervisor and reader to track down the sources. So, they also can read and verify whatever you cite in your research.
- To show your reader you follows a standard of citation styles. Now, you have done a good job because you follow the standard of your university too.
- To be a good student to your supervisor and university.
To be continued…..
MOHD IKHWAN ISMAIL
Hamzah Sendut Library
Universiti Sains Malaysia
Tel: 6317@ 04-6536317
For the record, starting this February 2017, the library will no longer provides NVivo classes due to some technical problems. However, we provide four (4) pre-installed Nvivo software (Pro License version 10) terminals to be used by students. The terminals are accessible in computer lab PHS1, Post graduate room PHS1, and computer lab PHS New building. Any enquiry please email at email@example.com or contact 04-6535350.
We would like to inform about NVivo training will first conduct on 28 October 2016 (Friday).
Let’s join the NVivo Training session.
You might be working with qualitative data to evaluate social policy, review patient feedback, research youth culture, or undertake postgraduate research. The challenge with this sort of research is that once you’ve collected your information, what do you do with it? How do you quickly find the valuable answers that respondents are giving you from the collection of data you have across numerous sources? That’s where NVivo comes in. NVivo is software that supports qualitative and mixed methods research. It’s designed to help you organize, analyze and find insights in unstructured, or qualitative data like: interviews, open-ended survey responses, articles, social media and web content. When working with qualitative data, if you don’t use NVivo, your work will be more time consuming, challenging to manage, and hard to navigate. Importantly, completing this kind of research without software can make it very hard to discover connections in your data and find new insights that will give you an edge. NVivo gives you a place to organize and manage your material so that you can start to find insights in your data. It also provides tools that allow you to ask questions of your data in a more efficient way. By using NVivo to support your research project you can: Work more efficiently Save time Quickly organize, store and retrieve data Uncover connections in ways that aren’t possible manually Rigorously back-up findings with evidence With NVivo, your research is portable. You can work in the field, at work, at home – anywhere. NVivo also keeps your projects secure. If you want to collaborate – NVivo offers a team-based solution too.
NVIVO 10: BASIC
- Introduction to NVivo
- Getting Started
- Add Source Materials
- Code Your Data & Create Nodes
Information for participant please refer below:
- Maximum number of participant is 10 only
- We would like to encourage you to come early for any possible preparation
- You need to bring your own laptop (kindly bring extension if possible)
- All participants need to install the trial version of NVivo 10 here http://www.qsrinternational.com/nvivo-support/downloads